The other night I was feeling
stressed
and
overwhelmed.
After eating a whole bunch of chocolate and then feeling ridiculously horrible afterwards, I decided to do something productive, that would actually help the situation, instead of hurt it.
I'd been wanting to go through my closet and get rid of all the clothes that didn't fit anymore, but I had this fear that if I did, I would gain back all the weight I'd lost or something. I know it's stupid, but sometimes my fears are just like that. I finally convinced myself that this is how I am now, and even though I sometimes mess up and consume large amounts of chocolate, this is me. Plus, I figured the frugal side of me would have even more incentive not to lose control of my eating habits, since it costs money to buy new clothes and I certainly wouldn't want to do that! So, I went through my closet and tried on everything. If it was really loose, or didn't fit me quite right, into the giveaway bag it went. (I couldn't give away everything that was loose, since I would probably only have 10 items left in my closet and wouldn't that be depressing?)
As I purged my closet, my heart started to feel lighter.
My burdens less heavy.
I don't know why purging does that for me, but it does.
It's like the clutter in my house directly correlates to the clutter in my head.
When my home is clean, I feel much more relaxed and ready to conquer.
When it is messy and cluttered, I feel overwhelmed as though any little thing can halt me.
I'm not sure why. Many times I wish it wasn't so.
But I'm glad I went through my closet.
3 comments:
Hooray for you!
I have to admit that I feel the same way too. The thought of getting rid of some things and putting other things in storage in preparation for selling our house gets me so excited! I'm looking forward to a whole lot of 'less'.
I love reading your blog...sorry that I hardly ever comment! Despite that, I always relate to your posts...I usually find myself nodding my head throughout!! You're awesome.
Danica! Thanks for the sweet comment! Love ya!
Post a Comment