Friday, April 6, 2012

10 Days of Gratitude-Day Ten

It's all about family, isn't it?  When I look back on my ten days of gratitude, scattered throughout are references to my darling family, my parents and siblings.  It just hit me.  I know what's most important in life.  What a blessing that I realize it now before it's too late. 

I am so grateful for my family.  The family I grew up with.  The family I made with the wonderful man I married.

Oh, I used to dream about getting married.  I suppose every little girl does.  I could never quite picture him, though.  I never really knew exactly what I wanted, except I knew he had to love Heavenly Father more than me, and be handsome, kind and tender and love me ever so much.  I am so grateful I was at a point in my life where I sought direction from my Father in Heaven.  I am confident He led Brad and I to each other.

Oh, we are so similar in all the ways that are important, and perfectly complementary personality wise.  I know that was not a mistake, not a happenstance.  It was divine intervention.

What a blessing, that the only surprises about Brad, after we got married were happy ones. 

Everyone said that we would love each other more as the years passed, and I took it to heart, but I never understood the strengthening bond that would form as we struggled through tough times together.  All those petty disagreements melted away as we bore one anothers burdens.  I was always afraid of life being too tough, but now I know, it is not only important, but essential to our growth and helps us cleave to one another.

I am so grateful to have an eternal companion, who loves his family more than anything and who understands what the most important things in life are.  I know not everyone can have it in this life.  I have amazingly wonderful friends who are not married and I don't understand why it cannot be for them. 

But I have it, and I have the responsibility to appreciate it.  And I will.  I will take full advantage and savor it and love it and thank God for it.

No comments: