Just the other day I was having "one of those days", it was just a day when I just couldn't seem to get started. I knew I had A LOT of things I needed to be doing, but instead I was looking on the internet for new recipes to try, anything that would help me ignore what I really needed to do. And then I looked at the clock, thinking it was 9:50 am. The kids were getting whiny and asking for snacks, and since we usually have snacks around ten, I got up to make something. I walked into the kitchen, saw the clock on the stove and realized it was really 10:50 am. The realization felt awful, since I'd been up for over three hours and gotten very little done, besides getting dressed.
I mean, I usually have Gabe down for a nap by that time. (Sigh of disgust). I felt really annoyed at myself for being so lazy. I don't know why some days I just don't feel very motivated, but it felt awful and I jumped back into my regular routine. When I was reading my scriptures later, I realized how patient Heavenly Father is with me. What a contrast to how deeply impatient I am with my children at times. It makes me ever more grateful that Heavenly Father loves me, and that He is so encouraging EVERY time I do something good. It is such a blessing. Such a motivation! Such a wonderful example of what kind of a parent I need to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment