So, back when I posted this, I was feeling really frustrated about the whole Noah belittling Amalie situation. Brad and I have had some talks about it and we have prayed about it as well. I used to get so frustrated waiting for an answer to my prayers, but something has happened to me the last few years. I think I have learned that the answers will come, that I need to trust my Heavenly Father and follow the inspiration that inevitably comes.
Tonight, we had a really good night with the kids. It was surprising on many levels, since they received a huge present from their grandparents, which is always a blast, but sometimes afterwards, my kids are a little more inclined to feel "entitled" and I was sick most of the day, and not exactly giving the kids the attention they needed. However, Brad did come home from work and just took over while I napped (which is why I am now wide awake and posting at 2 am) and maybe that really helped.
Whatever it was, it was good. Noah and Amalie both wanted to wear her pink bunny slippers that she'd just gotten from her grandparents. I heard Noah get upset at Ami when she wouldn't acquiesce to whatever demand he was making, so I called him in the bathroom.
"We're not going to have that in our house," I said. "I don't want you talking to her unless you have something nice to say."
Not something unusual for me to say, but his heart was humble and they quickly resolved their problem. The solution? Each of them would wear one bunny slipper to bed!
Oh man, I am laughing as I type. ( I didn't laugh in front of them, though)
And the best part? Noah praised Amalie. I don't remember exactly what he said, but it was really sweet. And that hasn't happened in a LONG time.
Oh, that feels so good. I know our battles aren't over, but progress is just so gratifying, so inspiring! How grateful I am that a loving Father in Heaven will help us with these little ones who sometimes bring us to our knees.
No comments:
Post a Comment