Wednesday, March 28, 2012

10 Days of Gratitude- Day One

I have been reflecting a lot lately and want to get my thoughts out.  I thought a segment of "10 Days of Gratitude" would be highly appropriate.

I am so grateful to have a car to use during the day.  What a luxury!  I have to admit, that growing up, well as long as I can remember anyway, we always had two cars and I suppose that is quite normal for most families in the U.S. (at least the ones who don't live in big cities where mass transit is the norm).

Even when our little family only had one car to share, I felt very blessed to have such a reliable vehicle.  But when our family outgrew it, it was quite a challenge for me.  Having a new baby and being stuck indoors all winter left me feeling quite out of sorts. 

We went through so much to get our beloved minivan. (You can read about our journey here  ) All of those days of feeling frustrated because I needed to run errands and I didn't have a car to do so, added up to my feeling especially grateful when we got a second car.  I know that it is a luxury and not a "need" and I feel very overwhelmed that the Lord would allow me to have such a luxury.  I am grateful we went through that long period of sharing one car, and all the frustrations and heartaches that went with it.  (The heartaches were more related to the fact that we couldn't go anywhere as a family together)

I appreciate this little minivan more than I ever would have if we hadn't been through such a frustrating time.  It is a true blessing that every time I get in the van, I think, "Man, I love this van!"

No comments: