Thursday, March 29, 2012

10 Days of Gratitude- Day Two

I know this may sound crazy, but I am super grateful for trials.  Now, ask me that while I am in the middle of an especially trying time and my answer may not be the same, but when I look back at all the trials Brad and I have been through, I am extremely grateful.

In the scriptures it talks about those who are "compelled to be humble".  Well, that is completely me.  When things are good, I get a little lax and lazy about spiritual things.  But when times are hard, you will find me on my knees more than ever.  Pleading for help, for months on end and then finally realizing that I am not trusting the Lord.  Realizing that trusting the Lord means following the promptings of the Spirit every day, even when you don't understand why.  And then finally, giving my heart to the Lord, and saying, "I can't do it any longer," and giving my burdens to Him, that is when I start to grow. 

I wouldn't do that if my life was easy.  There's no way.  He is teaching me to Trust Him, and in so, I am becoming like Him.  I mean, how beautiful is that?  By myself, I really am nothing.  But with the Lord as my partner, I am so much more.  I can do more than I ever thought possible. 

I still don't like trials, I certainly don't think they are fun, but I am ever grateful for the trials that have given me a firm knowledge that the Lord is always there, with His arms outstretched. 

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

And I am grateful for the good example you are to me in spiritual matters. I am often encouraged to be better. :)

Kate said...

Thank you for your beautiful comment. I really appreciate your encouragement.