Sunday, March 25, 2012

Gabe's Half-Birthday

I am constantly amazed at the mental capacities of a 2.5 year old.  We had told Gabe that for his half-Birthday he would be going swimming with Daddy.  He was so excited and talked about it for a week!  And then he got sick, a horrible barking cough that sounded like it would turn into croup, but after a quick internet search, prayers and a blessing, we were able to avoid it with the extra help of a humidifier and an open window through the chilly night.

So, Gabe's half Birthday date was delayed.  He asked about it quite a bit and I promised him that he would instead go the next weekend and he giggled excitedly, appeased by my response.

And then a few days later, his eyes started to get goopy and continued to stay that way for quite a few days.  So, swimming was out the next weekend as well.  Poor guy.  We tried not to mention swimming, but he still remembered!  I promised him that yes, indeed, he and Daddy would go the following weekend.

And then Brad got sick. . . Oh boy!  I was starting to feel like some kind of liar! So, finally, finally, after much asking, he and Brad went on Saturday.  They had a blast!  I'm so glad they finally got to go!  It is such a precious thing for a little boy to have some "only child" time with his Daddy.

No comments: