Monday, May 3, 2010

Family Home Evening

For family night, we thought we would visit the Family History library at BYU. Brad and I have been taking a Family History class at church and I have felt so excited about searching for my ancestors. I called and got the hours for the library and Brad gave a lesson as we drove over to the school. It's funny, because we try to have really short lessons, because we don't want to lose the kids attention, but usually they go pretty long, because the kids ask lots of questions and often have stories to share. I am treasuring this, as I don't think it will last into the teenage years.

We had dessert first by going to the candy counter at the Bookstore and letting each person pick out a few pieces of candy. The kids were thrilled! (Can you tell we hardly ever buy them candy?) It was a beautiful spring day and the campus was pretty deserted as the semester had just finished and the new term hadn't started yet. We walked over to the beautiful library, only to find it had just closed minutes before. Darn! (One of the few days it closed early) We were really disappointed, but it ended up being a really memorable family home evening. We played and explored around the campus and had a blast. The kids did not want to go home. I love it when we have a successful family home evening. It's such a blessing!!


Hanging out in front of the library and eating candy. I got chocolate covered cinnamon bears- Yum!

Gabe, are you tired?


Sitting in a dark theater in the Harris Fine Arts Center. It was really fun to explore.


Brad peeking out of a sculpture by the MOA.

Oh Spring, how we love you!

2 comments:

The Mounts said...

I would love to send you an email! What is your gmail address?

The Mounts said...

I meant invite! I would love to send you an invite!