Later on, Brad watched the children while I went shopping. And no, it wasn't grocery shopping- it was the fun kind- I had some great coupons I wanted to use. I was able to get some things for the children and a delicious orange smelling lotion for myself. By the time I got back home, I was thoroughly relaxed. It was a nice contrast from the night before when we had suddenly turned insane and decided to take three children grocery shopping past their bedtime. What were we thinking? Noah had a huge melt down. It was very fun. NOT. So, I was enjoying my kid free morning.
I came home, fed the children lunch, tidied up and got ready for my date with Brad. We'd been trying to go on a date for more than six weeks- but every time we'd had it all lined up, something happened- the first time the sitter canceled, then I got sick, then the babysitter wasn't available, then Brad got sick, then I got sick. So we were pretty much DESPERATE for a day out together. I guess the sixth time is the charm! We decided to go canoeing in the Provo River- we'd been about a year and a half ago and had loved it. It was perfectly lovely.
Afterwards we split the most delicious steak salad at Cafe Rio. Basically a perfect day. Couldn't get any better than this.
4 comments:
Looks like alot of fun. I am glad you and Brad got away.
I want a perfect day, just one, please!
I love it!!! Good for you!
Sounds blissful! Canoeing sounds like a terrific date!
Post a Comment