A few months ago, Brad's family was up here visiting. We were having dinner at a friends' house when Lauren told Brad and I that she decided to serve a mission. I was so excited when I heard the news. Lauren is such an amazing person- one of those valiant souls who is steadfast and firm in what she believes. I feel so blessed to call her my sister, since I married into Brad's family. I know not only will she be a wonderful missionary, but it will be a tremendous growing experience for her. I just can't wait to see her blossom even more.
Lauren went down to California to open her mission call with the family. We got to hear on the phone- it was so neat to hear that she was called to the Washington State, Everett mission.
And before we knew it, her entrance date was here! We met up with Cathy and Lauren and had lunch and then went to the Missionary Training Center. I was a little sad that we didn't get to go inside, like I got to go with both of my brothers who went on missions. Instead, you just kind of drop them off at the curb. We hung out and took pictures in the field across the street. It was so surreal to think that in minutes she would be in a whole different world. Even though she's in Provo, it feels like she is in Timbuktu, since she is immersed in the missionary world.
After we left, I kept wondering what she was doing at each moment. So crazy! I am so thrilled for her and so proud that she is willingly giving up a year and a half of her life to serve the Lord. I know it will be excruciatingly hard for her at times, but she will grow and change in ways that will change her forever. So awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment