Monday, December 21, 2009

Yummy!

Brad and I brought some peanuts home for the kids after our Anniversary date. We told them we thought they would have fun cracking open the shells and eating the nuts. I gave some peanuts to each child on the table and then sat down on the couch to feed Gabriel. I heard loud crunching sounds-it sounded like they were being enjoyed.

I looked up to see Noah stick a whole peanut shell in his mouth- I assumed he was cracking it open with his mouth- but no, he kept crunching away, a smile on his face.

"Noah, you're not supposed to eat the shell!" I exclaimed. Noah instantly stopped and looked at me and said,"You're not?" and then started spitting the shell out, that just moments ago tasted so yummy. He looked pretty sheepish and I felt bad for laughing, but it was just SO funny!!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Isn't that funny how we are swayed by societal norms?

Although, because I was interested to know the nutritional value of shells, I googled it. Turns out shells do have some fiber, but eating them isn't such a good idea because they aren't well digested and can contain molds and fungus even after being roasted (not to mention fertilizers and pesticides). Huh. Ya learn something new everyday.

Kate said...

I had no idea! THanks for the info, Alyssa!