Thursday, December 10, 2009

Enjoying the journey (at least in bits n' pieces)


This morning, Amalie wanted a snack. I started listing off choices such as sliced oranges, apples, a slice of bread, but Amalie had other ideas.

She pulled out baby carrots and ketchup. "I want this!" she said, trying to open the ketchup with her mouth.

I hesitated for a moment, since I hate wasting food. But I thought, "What the heck, let's give it a try." So I handed her a plate with baby carrots and ketchup for dipping.

And guess what? She licked the plate clean.

My girl always makes me laugh.

Last night, Noah was being a bit of a wild child. He decided that he didn't want dinner, since it was pizza with a garlic sauce, (instead of red sauce, his fave) and so he was playing around while we were eating. (Our rule being if you don't like what we serve, you don't eat) He was being super obnoxious, climbing on my chair, singing in my ear and such, that I said "Noah, get away from me! I'm trying to eat!" Well of course, then he was offended, and threatened to leave the house. (Like I would try and stop him, it was like 5 degrees outside, I was sure he wouldn't last long) But of course, moments later he was acting obnoxious again and so finally I pulled him onto my lap, cradling him like a baby and said "Does little baby Noah need some attention?" I rocked him back and forth, teasing him and said,"Oh, baby Noah loves to be rocked, oh baby Noah loves his Mommy!"

Noah interjected with "But I don't love her garlic breath!"

I couldn't help cracking up at that one. Especially coming from the kid who doesn't normally notice that kind of thing. He has Never told anyone they have bad breath or pointed out someone who is obese or anything, he just either doesn't notice or doesn't care to say anything.

My kids make me laugh! Thank goodness, because I certainly need a good laugh!

3 comments:

The Ishiis said...

I love it when kids say witty and funny things!

the mom~ said...

LOL, those are great!

me said...

This post reminds me that you haven't posted a Noah quote on your side line for a long time!