Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Scary evil mushroom

"Goomba"- picture courtesy of Noah
Noah,
I just remembered this funny incident and thought I would record it. Earlier this year, you had money and so we took you to Toys R Us to pick out a toy. You desperately wanted a Mario toy of some kind- you looked at the figurines they had and then we found some stuffed toys. I was surprised when you said you really wanted Goomba- an evil mushroom from Mario Bros. I didn't think you would enjoy playing with the "bad guys", but you wanted it desperately and so you got it. I figured you must want a bad guy so that you could re-enact Super Mario Bros scenes.
Oftentimes you get scared of little things and have nightmares, but for some reason you were not afraid of Goomba. All day long, you played and held Goomba. You are usually that way with a new toy- you won't let it out of your sight, you play with it night and day until you tire of it. You freaked out if Amalie wanted to touch Goomba. It was cute how much you loved the evil mushroom. You went to bed holding Goomba in your arms.

I was really proud of you-you were growing out of getting scared of every little thing.

And then I heard you yelling for me. I went in the room and you threw Goomba at me.
"I don't want him in my room!" you exclaimed. Apparently, Goomba was only scary at bedtime. I tried to put him in your closet, but you were desperate that he be outside of your room. So every night for the next month, we put Goomba outside of your room. I still can't help laughing that you were scared of a mushroom! I really am curious, What do you think he would do to you?
Love,
Mama

2 comments:

madrilenamer said...

That is really cute! Man, that's a good one for when he's trying to impress the girls later on!!

me said...

I remember feeling that way about most of my toys. They were fine during the day but at night I would shove them all in my closet and I would just stare at my closet door until I fell asleep. I had this fear that they came to life at night. Don't even get me started on the life size clown my Mom had hanging over my bed!