Tuesday, December 1, 2009

"The Christmas Basket"

You can read my story in the Friend magazine, entitled "The Christmas Basket" here:

http://lds.org/Static%20Files/PDF/Magazines/Friend/English/2009/FR_2009_12_06___04272_000_009.pdf

This is a true story! I fictionalized the dialogue and other minor details, since I don't quite remember every detail, but it is an experience that affected me profoundly and I will never forget the lessons I learned.

8 comments:

the mom~ said...

Oh thank you! I will read it!!!

Unknown said...

Wow Kate, that was a GREAT story! Really wonderful, it made me cry! Although maybe it was a bit because I was picturing your family the whole time. I always loved spending time in your family's home, the Spirit was always so wonderful there and your parents were always so warm and welcoming. I can't wait to read this story to my kids!

me said...

Love it and as usual the artists rendering of you is dead on!

madrilenamer said...

Wow, Kate! Congrats on getting published! Love the story! You really have a great writing style.

Geoff and Janene said...

Kate, you're famous. That is so awesome you were published and I loved that story.

Alyssa said...

How fun to have such a special memory and to be able to share it with so many others!

Emily said...

That was such a great story. That's so awesome it got published!

Mom of 7 said...

We read it one night and then I saw who wrote it and wondered if it was you. How many Kate Strongins can there be? We really enjoyed the story. You did a good job.