We are still struggling with daytime naps, however. Supposedly, by three months, the morning nap is supposed to appear, where they take a two hour nap from about 9-11 (assuming wake up time is around 7 am) So we shall see . . . Nights were great, but I think we backtracked. Gabriel had been consistently sleeping anywhere from 7-10 hours a night the past few weeks, so we thought it was safe for Brad to sleep in our room again ( he had been sleeping downstairs because of gabe's frequent night wakings and he has to get up for work super early!) but of course, the whole weekend Gabe woke up a TON! He seems to be really sensitive to noise- I think Brad's tossing and turning would rouse him- he was easily startled in the womb and continues to be now. So . . . I'm not sure what we're going to do . . . but we'll get through it and Gabe is just So worth it! I am starting to really savor the tender moments we have each day. I am absolutely and completely in LOVE with him!
Monday, December 7, 2009
12 weeks, oh my!
We are still struggling with daytime naps, however. Supposedly, by three months, the morning nap is supposed to appear, where they take a two hour nap from about 9-11 (assuming wake up time is around 7 am) So we shall see . . . Nights were great, but I think we backtracked. Gabriel had been consistently sleeping anywhere from 7-10 hours a night the past few weeks, so we thought it was safe for Brad to sleep in our room again ( he had been sleeping downstairs because of gabe's frequent night wakings and he has to get up for work super early!) but of course, the whole weekend Gabe woke up a TON! He seems to be really sensitive to noise- I think Brad's tossing and turning would rouse him- he was easily startled in the womb and continues to be now. So . . . I'm not sure what we're going to do . . . but we'll get through it and Gabe is just So worth it! I am starting to really savor the tender moments we have each day. I am absolutely and completely in LOVE with him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Try getting him use to the sound of a fan. White noise always helped my kids sleep soundly. It does the trick for me too.
The only thing I dont love about white noise is that they depend on it. I have a gf whose is 41 and cant sleep without noise, not fun to share a hotel room with her...and her two daughters also have white noise machines...they cant sleep w/o them. I say let him just get use to the noises of the house and family and eventually he will learn to accept the noises.
Good Luck!
Man, your kid is cute, he looks so serious. Yea Eli does a similar thing where he sleeps really well one night and the next he just wants to play.
What a cutie patootie! Oh, the sleep fun. That little boy is precious. Aren't you glad they come so cute? It sure makes the rest of the sacrifices worth it. :)
Post a Comment