Friday, May 3, 2013

Amazing Ohio Trip: Day 2, April 25, 2013

On Thursday, we visited the Stranahan mansion.  The night before, my parents and I were talking about what we would do the next day. There were a lot of options; but when they said there was an old mansion we could tour, I knew that was where we should go.  My kids are fascinated by mansions and big houses.

And yep, they loved it!  It was fun seeing this old house, with all these wonderful, luxurious conveniences.  The master suite even had separate bathrooms for both husband and wife.  I thought that was interesting!




The grounds were just beautiful, I think originally the Stranahan's owned 100 acres, but now it is less.  However, the acres the state does own were turned into a gorgeous park.  I'm in love with Ohio Parks, they are just beautiful!


We stopped off at Mr. Freeze, a popular ice cream stand in my parents town, and the kids all got ice cream.  Gabe thoroughly enjoyed his!

Mud Sundae! 
Grandma and Amalie sat in the backseat together a lot on this trip.  Amalie craves one on one time, so it was highly satisfying to her and she was such a sweet little girl because of her needs being met.
I realized on the trip that Amalie takes after my Dad; she doesn't mind spending her money on good food and finds it highly entertaining- just like my Dad!  Funny how you forget those things, when you don't live close by. 

My parents are so awesome.  We had a GREAT day!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

It is so strange-- when I look at these pictures of your mom I see pieces of my mom there too. The face structure? The kind-of-smile? Formalness? Just can't put my finger on it, but it is fun to see anyway.