But my sweet husband was really supportive and my awesome family helped me get there. My sister-in-law, Serena and I flew down to Vegas and met up with my sister, Amy and sister-in-law Merrilee. I had the pleasure of traveling with Serena's darling baby, Carter and now I finally got to meet baby Ella for the first time. What a doll! I sat next to her in the car as we drove to Southern California to meet up with our two other sisters. She is such a chill baby that she only cried after an hour or so of being hungry and even then, it was just a tiny bit, almost apologetic. Oh man, what a sweet baby. Carter and Ella are both little happy darlings and it was so fun to see them, and love on them and let them get used to us.
We met up with my brother, Seth for Lunch at the Yard House, a restaurant chain he works at (different location)on the way, and had an awesomely delicious lunch! It was so fun to see my brother and get to visit with him and see him meet his newest niece and nephew. It was also nice to have our personal food coordinator, and I loved trying 7 different dishes.
Afterward, we picked up my sister, Lorelle and headed down to our "adopted" sister, Kendra's house. Kendra's family generously left for the weekend so we could have the house all to ourselves. You wouldn't know that Kendra and her family had only moved in less than a year before- it was immaculate and decorated beautifully. Most people take years to completely decorate their home, but this was finished and gorgeous and comfortable, such a treat to stay in!
We talked into the night and when the morning came, it was all too soon. When I got up, only the babies and their mommies were awake, so I went in and got in some snuggle time with the babies and talking time with the mommies.
Kendra hired her friend to come and do Glitter Toes for us, which was a real treat! I don't know when I last painted my toe nails, so it was fun to feel pampered and talk to Kendra's awesome friend. It felt like when we were kids, because my sister, Amy's toes were the first I saw, and I fell in love with the light green color. I had to copy her! I laugh thinking about it, because whenever my Mom would buy us things, like folders or whatever and there would be different colors, Amy would often let me choose first, but whatever Amy chose, I often would end up thinking was cooler. She will forever be the cool girl to me!
By the time we were all done, it was past lunch time and we were starving so we headed to Temecula to eat and shop. We went to the Yard House again and enjoyed some yummy food. We shopped and by the time we were done, it was getting late and we still wanted to go to the beach, so we did. I often am disappointed by the beach, because it was my everything, my all growing up and then I anticipate it so much, and it just never lives up to my childhood expectations, but this time, going in with no expectations, as soon as I stepped out of the car and felt the moist, salty breeze, I was instantly relaxed.
It was cold and overcast and so we stood in the soft sand and talked. It was funny that in our youth, my sisters and I would call guys for fun and play tricks on them, and this time, in our relaxed and carefree state, we took goofy pics of us playing children's games and texted them to our husbands with funny messages. We were laughing soooo hard. I couldn't help but find it the funniest that we were being so absolutely goofy. It made me glad that I could get away and find that goofy, carefree Kate again, the one that sort of disappears under stress and pressure and caring for three little ones.
The weekend ended much too quickly and all too soon, we were waking early to attend Church with Kendra. After the meeting, we said farewell to Kendra and commenced our long, but fun drive. Amy suggested that we each offer our best parenting advice. It was really wonderful to hear the perspectives and advice from each of my dear sisters. They are all so beautiful, so unique and so strong in the gospel. I love it! I picked up some wonderful tips that I have tried to implement. I love that I have a wonderful network of sisters I can share this journey of motherhood with and compare notes. It's like having the dream team on my side. With my Father in Heaven and all those in my life cheering me on and lifting me higher than I thought I could go, how could I not succeed?
We said goodbye to Lorelle, Merrilee and Ella and then headed to the Las Vegas airport. It was an exhausting, relaxing, wonderful, spiritual, fun, sweet, and all too short weekend.
Looking at these pictures, I am in awe of these women. All stunningly gorgeous inside and out! You can see that they radiate happiness that comes from righteous choices. I feel so grateful for my sisters; the ones who share my blood, the ones I gained through my sibling's marriages, and the one who chose us. What a blessing to have a sisterhood filled with the best people I know.

3 comments:
What a fabulous tradition. Sounds like a great weekend!
Well written Kate. I love you. : )
Your sisters sure are beautiful!
Post a Comment