Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Moments

I had gone to do some work, thinking I would be gone for only a few hours and back by dinnertime.  Well, it ended up taking a lot more time than that, so by the time I got back, Brad had the children in bed for the night. 

I was feeling stressed, overwhelmed, guilty for missing (and not making) dinner and as I walked downstairs I was greeted by this sight. Giant pancakes!  This is a 12" skillet, so you can imagine how big these things are!

It brought a smile to my face, thinking what a wonderful dad Brad is to our children.  Knowing I can leave the house and do the things I need to do, and come home to happy children is a blessing of gigantic proportions.

It was just the pick-me-up I needed when I felt so exhausted, so overwhelmed and stressed.  In this period of trial, I feel very grateful for moments like these.  Moments that help me gain perspective in life and recognize that the blessings I do have are the most eternal and meaningful things in life.

1 comment:

papa and bubby said...

My first thought was that you saw something in those pancakes, like Thomas Jefferson eating a hamburg! Anyways, isn't it nice when they do something, even though small, it means so much to us!