It's funny how deceptive family pictures can often be. Everyone smiling, looking like they are having the time of their life. The perfect family, when really someone was just crying or throwing a fit, and Mom and Dad had to bribe the kids with candy just to bare their teeth in a smile.
So, that's why I was so happy when this one literally showed how much fun we had that day! And granted, my children are used to taking a weekly family photo, so things are going better, but this day, this day will stay in my memory.
It had been a tough week, even though it was only Tuesday. I had missed FHE the night before because of work obligations and felt horribly guilty. So Tuesday afternoon, we took off for the park. It was cool outside and for some reason, I had energy to spare. I ran around, racing my kids down the slides, climbing back up the slides, banging my shin up while showing off on the monkey bars, and having a blast with my children. I felt like my sister, Lorelle who is the queen of playing with kids.
It was delicious and wonderful and I savored every moment.
I don't have a lot of days where I feel playful and energetic with my kids, so it was a tremendous blessing. I hope to have more in the future, it was so fun. I want my kids to remember me playing with them!
We only stayed for an hour or so, but it was the best hour I'd had with my children in a long time. Getting out of the house, and out of the daily routine, can really make a difference for me.
1 comment:
Great family pic!
Post a Comment