Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mommy Date

Dear Amalie,
 It's amazing how adding a third child to the mix can really shake things up.  One of the things that surprised me was how difficult it is to spend one on one time with each of you children. 

Earlier this year, I had been prompted to spend one-on-one time with you every day and it was amazing how drastically your behavior changed.  You went from whiny and demanding to a much happier and fulfilled little girl.  Still, even though I would spend time with just you every day while Noah was at school and Gabe napped, you often refused to let Noah and I have some alone time.

Which prompted Brad and I to make a more concerted effort to take all our children out for dates. Of course, you were thrilled, but when I recently took Noah out for a date, the jealousy set in and you asked me when it would be your turn. I committed to a day, and you were happy and satisfied.  When the day came, it was a super busy day, and I had a lot to do, but I felt so strongly that I needed to put family first and so we went.  We were only gone about an hour and a half, but we had a blast.

Amalie, you were such wonderful company.  You smiled and grinned the whole time and were very appreciative of everything I did for you.  You were dying to get some frozen yogurt at Menchie's, so I thankfully found a Buy one, get one free coupon and we set off.

Then we headed over to the Beach Resort and rode the carousel together.  I wasn't going to ride, I was just going to watch you, but you really wanted me to come, so how could I resist?  We finished off the date by picking up a tiny treat to share with your brothers.

It was a very sweet date.  Thanks for being such great company!
Love,
Mom

No comments: