I think the best thing about our California trip was that it was filled with family visits! We got to see so many of our family members that we usually only get to see yearly, so it was a delicious treat!
The wedding reception was absolutely beautiful. My mother-in-law who is an expert decorator, just outdid herself and it was just so beautiful to walk into this fairyland. Even though the flower arrangements were my favorite part, it was hard to choose since there was a delicious Mexican buffet, and a Candy Bar, probably the kids fave- where you could go and get a bag filled up with your choice of candy. And a fondue bar, oh my goodness, yum!
We danced and played and probably the best part of the night for me was when the reception was winding down and some song came on, and nobody was on the dance floor, so Brad took to the dance floor and started busting out Ballet moves. All the kids were laughing hysterically. It was so funny! I really married a card!
We sent Lauren and Preston off with sparklers, which the kids refused to hold, afraid they would get burned. My kids have learned to be really cautious, which is mostly nice, since I really don't worry about them getting hurt, but sometimes I want them to venture out!
We had about one full day with Brad's family and then left on Sunday. It was Mother's Day so Brad got all the kids ready for church which was super nice! We drove to Vegas and spent the night at my sister's house again and then left for home in the morning. Always a treat to get to see my sister twice each trip!
It was interesting that the trip back was filled with a lot of stressors, such as Amalie barfing in the car, my hand getting slammed in the car door, screaming and craziness at times, which I normally don't handle very well, but I just felt the calming influence of the Spirit, and I was able to just take things as they came. I feel very grateful that my Heavenly Father blesses me with His Spirit, which allows me to be better than I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment