Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Busted


Noah had invited a friend over and was getting restless waiting. He asked me, "How much longer?" and I told him, "Any minute."

After he asked me this several more times in the next five minutes, and accused me of lying (because apparently "any minute" means NOW), I finally suggested he wait outside. He and Amalie went out on the front porch to wait. I was cleaning the kitchen and took the opportunity to "sneak" one of Amalie's potty treats-peanut M& M's that we keep in a glass jar. We had given up potty treats a month ago, but lately Amalie has been resistant, and so after several accidents, I resorted to "positive incentives".

Suddenly the kids came bounding in the door- running so fast as if someone were chasing them. They looked like little dogs being let outside after a day of being cooped up in the house. They stumbled into the kitchen, bumping into one another.

"What happened?" I asked with concern. I was a little afraid that they had been scared somehow, maybe by some dogs or creepy people.

"We heard the M&M's," Noah said . "Why were you getting them out?"

Oops. Busted. That darn glass jar gave me away! From now on, I am putting the treats in a soundproof container.

2 comments:

Blackner Family said...

That is so funny! Can you send your kids over to my house everytime I am tempted by chocolate! They would be a great help to my chocolate addiction!

the mom~ said...

ROFL...I used M&M's for both my boys to potty train, worked wonders I tell ya, but yes they are noisy in a GLASS jar!