I have to admit, I was really confused when I first heard about Proposition 8. I just brushed it aside since I don't live in California anymore and it was all so confusing. But my family lives in California and they have been telling me that the Church is actually stepping in (which they rarely do in political situations) and asking members of the Church to help fight for Prop. 8 to pass.
I realized I needed to know what side I stood on, so as I have prayed about and studied the issue, I have gained a conviction that IF this Proposition does not pass, our society will be deeply and detrimentally affected.
I didn't know what to do to help. Here I am in Utah, what can I do? But then my Mom pointed out that there are a lot of people and friends that I have from California. So, I am asking you to educate your friends and family that live in California. Help them to understand the ramifications that will occur if this Prop does not pass. We already have proof since Massachusetts has had same sex marriage legalized for several years now.
Pass this video along for any who are unclear on the issue!
Vote YES to Preserve Marriage & Families!!
1 comment:
I ask those who support same-sex marriage "which parent are you willing to deny a child, a mother or a father?" Good for you Kate! I actually had Brendon and Ben view that exact video. It was so plain and simple.
Last night we stood on Mission and Diamond Drive with our Yes on 8 signs for FHE. We had a man drive up, who was appalled with us and said how terrible it was that we had our children out holding signs in support of Prop 8 with us. I just said that I'm teaching them my values and I want them to be taught about marriage in the home and not at school. What I wish I'd asked him if he thought it was equally as terrible that a group of 1st graders went on a field trip to support the marriage of their teacher to her same sex partner. Why is it that your doing whats right only if you are supporting same sex marriage and if your not your a terrible person. All in all, we were out a little over an hour and most of the people who drove by gave us a thubs up and a honk. Interestingly those who yelled out No on 8 and flipped us off were the younger generation, teenager/college age.
I've done my research and there is so much at stake here. You only have to look to Massachusetts to see what is at stake.
Post a Comment