Sunday, August 10, 2008

Food Preferences


Amalie was sitting on the counter watching me make marinara sauce. I pulled out my huge Costco sized jar of minced garlic and grabbed a spoonful.

"Bite?" Amalie asked.

I laughed and dumped the garlic in with the hot oil and onions.

Amalie protested loudly. She wanted that bite!

So . . . I let her have a small spoonful.

She ate it happily.

"Is it good?" I asked.

"Yeah," she answered, a content look on her face.

!!!!!!!!!

This one continues to surprise me. It all started when she was only one and wanted some of my Caesar salad- she devoured it! Then she went crazy over feta cheese! And then black beans. We gave her mustard as a dipping sauce, but instead she used her finger as a dipper and downed the mustard. She loves Greek salad dressing and balsamic vinaigrette. She adores tomatoes and eats olives by the handfuls (fingernail style).

I wonder: Was she supposed to be born in Greece? Ah well, we always get a good laugh over it as we stare in awe at her adult food choices.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Garlic?! Wow! At least it will keep the boys away! ;)