Monday, February 18, 2008

Thanks, Honey

I was putting away clothes in my closet, when Brad suddenly said “Kate, you’re hair looks . . .” He paused dramatically as I positively beamed. I had been using a new shampoo and conditioner that made my hair look much healthier. I wondered what words he would use to describe the beauty of my hair, “good” or “beautiful” maybe even “lustrous”. I was jerked back to reality when Brad finished with “staticky.”
“Hey!” I protested. “I thought you were going to compliment me!”
“Static is good,” he insisted.
I looked at him skeptically.
“It gives you volume,” he explained with a grin.

Well, I have been praying for humility and it looks like I got it. ;)
Brad, what can I say? You've always got my back.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Very funny...I could actually picture Brad saying that. :-)

Our cute kids said...

Very funny Kate. I love the things you write! You are so honest!
-Amy

the mom~ said...

LOL, leave it to a man...