We went to a local park the Provo River runs through. I drove into the parking lot which was barely visible through two feet of snow, and before we had all gotten out, we were surrounded by a flock of beautiful mallard ducks. Hungry mallard ducks. Apparently they rely on parkgoers to feed them.
One thing I discovered is that hungry ducks are not shy. They came right up to us, and luckily we had brought a few pieces of bread to feed them. Amalie munched on a piece of toast while she watched the ducks, pointing to them and saying "duck" and occasionally tossing them a piece of bread. But our food suply soon ran out. I turned away for a moment and suddenly Amalie let out a huge yell. I quickly picked her up and realized a duck had snatched the toast right out of her hand. Quite a tramautic experience for a one year old. She cried for a few minutes until I got her more food. Luckily she didn't hold a grudge. Later on, she was pointing at the ducks and wanting to go closer to see them.
We had a great time at the park and it was quite warm (relative to what it has been).
(The ducks are retreating after realizing we didn't have anymore food.)
No comments:
Post a Comment