Sunday, May 1, 2011

Orientation in Salt Lake

I love my children's perspective. On the way up to Salt Lake, as we neared the city, I could feel the children's excitement. It was palpable and the energy seemed to flow through the car. "Look, it's the city!" one of the children yelled. And then another said, "I feel like we're in New York City or Hollywood or something," with a tinge of giddiness. That made me laugh and enjoy that moment of Motherhood. I love seeing my children experience things. What simple joy and pleasures they find in life! What a reminder to me to enjoy life to the fullest.
As we walked to the Joseph Smith Memorial building, the children enjoyed the scenery. We had all been cooped up a little too long and enjoyed the outdoors even though that morning it had snowed, then by eight am had stopped, had become threateningly overcast and was now windy, yet sunny. Our weather is always full of surprises! Noah was excited to attend Orientation as he had been chosen to participate in a radio broadcast for Mormon Channel. He and a number of other children were attending orientation and given their scripts to study, etc.
I took Amalie and Gabe to eat our packed dinner and explore the building while Brad and Noah attended Orientation. We had fun being on the tenth (and top) floor of the JSMB. The views were incredible. We explored the event rooms and had so much fun. Gabe especially enjoyed splashing in the fountain and soaking himself. Brrr.
If you look closely, you can see the Hello Kitty socks Gabe borrowed from Ami. I figured since he was wearing pants it wouldn't matter, but they seemed to be showing every moment. Ha Ha.
We found this lavishly decorated room on our way out. The ceiling designs are incredible. It looked like it belonged in a palace. The children had fun playing and Brad and I enjoyed looking at the works of art that called themselves ceiling and walls.

It was a really fun and relaxing day which I really needed after an INSANE week. I love just hanging out with my little family, it gives me time to enjoy the little things. They are so full of wonder and awe.






I thought this pic would be cool to capture the setting sun in between Brad and Noah. I think I have a ways to go before I am a cool photographer like Brad. But I don't mind, because he gives me great ideas to copy.

No comments: