Words are not adequate to describe how blessed I am. These women, these sisters of mine are incredible. To have a group of sisters who love each other, lift each other up, build each other and can talk for three days straight is one of the MOST amazing gifts I have been given. My two original sisters, Lorelle and Amy and I used to dream about the future and what we would be doing at given ages. I always knew we would stay close and I treasured that, but never did I realize that we would add to our brood more sisters who could uniquely fill the gaps that we hadn't realized were there.We attended Women's Conference and an amazing concert, ate delicious food and talked for hours on end.
We had a divine and unique experience when my Mom suggested that we take an Index card and write down what we love about each person. Well, we tried, but we couldn't stop talking enough to write. (and when I say "we" I mostly mean, me.) So, we decided to vocalize what we loved about each person, with one person acting as scribe. We said a prayer to start this activity out and what followed was one of the most beautiful experiences I have ever had. As we spoke, the Spirit touched our hearts and showed us our sisters as Heavenly Father sees them. I already knew these women were amazing, but seeing them as they really are was incredible. It took us almost eight hours to get through each and every person. I wish every woman in the world could have what I have - what a world that would be when women lift each other up in love and strengthen each other. We were able to work out issues in loving ways and our bonds and ties were forged ever stronger. I am so grateful families are eternal. I would never want to lose these friendships.
Coming home to my sweetheart was ever sweeter. I felt a renewed strength and my reservoir of patience was filled to brimming. My children looked more beautiful, my husband even more handsome and my life looked sparkly and new and full of possibilities. Thank you Mom, Lorelle, Amy, Kendra, Serena and Merrilee. I am so grateful for each one of you and your goodness and strength and beauty. And thank you Brad for taking care of our darling children and sacrificing so much so I could attend.
2 comments:
Awesome!
Kate, That was so beautifully said. I was thinking the whole weekend how amazing it is that you all love each other so much and how much I love all of you. Each one of you are so unique, with strengths that lift and edify me. How blessed could a Mom be?
Post a Comment