Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oh Boy, I've Got Joy!

My silly girl posing for me on the first day of Joy School
Amalie started Joy School this week and is LOVING it! She has been talking about it all year now . . . and it's finally here. It's fun to see her look forward to things because she has seen her older brother do them. She was quite disappointed that she didn't get to ride the big yellow bus to school, however.

I taught the first day and Amalie could not wait for school to start and her friends to come over. She excitedly helped me get everything ready and then sat down on the blanket to wait for her friends, even though school wouldn't be starting for another forty minutes. It was so cute! When her friends arrived, her excitement mounted. Her face was rapt with attention as she listened to my every word. (You better believe I was loving this!) It was so fun to see her FINALLY get to go to school like her brother. She had one little melt down during Joy School when she didn't get her way, but it was nice this time around, because I knew how to handle it. I knew from teaching with Noah that your own child is always the one who has the most trouble! So I just ignored her and she stomped up to her room and eventually couldn't handle being away from the action anymore. She was great after that and had a blast!

I am so grateful that I have good friends that I can do Joy School with. The kids are really sweet and I know by the middle of the year they will all be best buddies. I'm so glad I could particpate this year . . .this is exactly what Amalie needs.

5 comments:

the mom~ said...

what is Joy school?

Kate said...

Joy School is a pre-school run by neighborhood moms- they learn about joy and also kindergarten readiness stuff. We each take turns teaching throughout the year!

me said...

Lucky you. No one here wanted to do it so Claire and I are having our own little school. We call it" Nogin" or sometimes " Nick Jr." Hee Hee.

lynn said...

I love Amalie's expression. You used to love Joy School too when I did it for the boys (even though you were too old for it). I remember one day you stayed home from school for some reason and you wanted to join right in. I'm so glad you got to do it for Noah and now for Amalie.

Geoff and Janene said...

So cute! That's great you are doing Joy School for Amalie. She'll love it.