Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Date Night

Brad and I had a LOVELY date on Saturday. We used the gift card to Olive Garden that was given by a mysterious benefactor and absolutely stuffed ourselves with yummy food. It was so much fun to go out to eat and not worry about money. Afterwards, we took a walk down by the lake. It was absolutely gorgeous! Sometimes I forget what a beautiful place I live in. Maybe it's because of the LOOOOONG winter. Truly, there is so much beauty all around, and it is so exciting when we find new places to explore.



I thought the mile walk would be no big deal, but I think my body has morphed into one of a 77 year old. I have to walk so slowly, and at times I held onto Brad's arm for support. Man, this time around, pregnancy has been so much more of a beast. It seems in the past with my other two, I could walk with no problems. ( I didn't have great shoes on, but still, I never do) As you can tell, my belly has already grown a lot! I don't mind it too much, except for the fact that the baby has so much room to move around, Brad and the kids don't get to feel his precious kicks. Although, one time when Amalie was on my lap, the baby kicked her in the back, I don't know if she felt it or not however. But I wondered if this was the first of their sibling rivalry? Will Amalie and the new baby someday be trying to push each other off my lap?

Anyway, despite my swollen belly and tired bones and feet, the walk was absolutely rejuvenating and wonderful. We saw all kinds of wildlife- from cows, not so much wild, but still a fun sight to see, especially in the Spring- there were so many calves. We saw beautiful birds, ducks, geese, and of course millions of insects hovered nearby, creating a loud buzzing sound. Brad escaped with no bites, while I got a lucky 5! Well, as long as I don't get any diseases, it's all good. But I guess they can't help going for the pregnant women who have so much more blood!
We thought this pile of ants was fascinating, our camera doesn't quite do it justice.

3 comments:

lynn said...

Fun Date!!!!

the mom~ said...

fun date and icky ants!

madrilenamer said...

I totally feel ya on the whole "Holy-cow-I'm-pregnant-and-get-tired-ridiculously-easy" thing. I think I've taken more naps in the last few months than I have in the last several years of my life combined! Sounds like you guys had fun though! And you're right, that is really beautiful!