I woke up to Noah's footsteps into our bedroom. He stood by me, trying to decipher whether I was awake or not. He has learned this year not to wake a sleeping pregnant Mommy unless he really needs something. He went over to Brad's side. "Dad, can we wake Mom?"
"No, let her sleep," Brad insisted. Noah explained that he couldn't wait to give me my presents. It was so sweet, but I had been up late the night before with major heartburn, so I hadn't fallen asleep until about one. I had to sleep a little longer.
Finally at seven thirty, I got up and brought Amalie into our bed, and Noah ran downstairs to retrieve presents. He had a beautiful cup of flowers, a handmade card that he had made at school- normally I don't save much of what the children give me- I am the opposite of a pack rat- but I will definitely keep this card, I could tell that he had put his best effort into it and the drawings were so impressive. He ended all of this with his last present- a HUG. It was just the sweetest thing.
Then Brad brought out the necklace he had picked up for me. We couldn't figure out how to undo the clasp, so I ended up wearing the necklace he made me for Christmas to church- it is a beautiful geode that he found, cut open, polished and attached to a chain. I love it!
Soon thereafter, I was fading out, so Brad took the children and let me sleep for two glorious hours. I thought they quietly left, but I found evidence that they had been in the room for a bit while I slept. I was so out of it!
I had told Brad that the biggest thing I wanted was a clean house ALL DAY Sunday, because for some reason our house is fairly clean all week and then on Sunday it just falls apart. So, Brad helped so much on Saturday night, constantly asking me what I wanted done, and then on Sunday, he did the same. It was heavenly!! We had decided that we would prepare dinner together. Brad had wanted to make it, but I would rather do it together and get it done. It's not at all relaxing for me to sit and entertain the children and wait for dinner, especially when we don't get out of church until almost dinner time and I am starving!
We made a delicious pot roast, yummy cheesy potatoes, a green salad, sauteed mushrooms and had store bought rolls. While Brad was making the salad and mushrooms, I went and picked up Brad's sister, Lauren to come have dinner with us. It was nice to drive the car by myself! (Oh the little pleasures) And of course, it was so fun to see Lauren. She brought a huge plate of gorgeous chocolate dipped strawberries which we promptly devoured after the delicious meal. Brad and I both admitted that we were full after the meal, but we could not resist having those strawberries.
The kids loved having Lauren over. She played with them, subjecting herself to being a jungle gym to Noah, and putting up with their adrenalin high.
It was a peaceful, wonderful day and I am so glad that we can celebrate Mothers! I am so grateful for all the Mothers in my life, specifically my sweet Mom who loved me absolutely unconditionally and taught me everything I needed to succeed as an adult. She gave of herself lovingly every day of her life and still does! What a gift it is to feel the love of a good mother.
3 comments:
He is having way to much fun with that wig!
Awwww....happy mothers day!
congrats on the baby boy! I have no clue what it would be like to have a boy. or a brother... haha. You have the sweetest little family :)
Post a Comment