After church, Noah suggested we have a picnic, which we quickly agreed to. It was heavenly to sit outside in the warm sun and be surrounding by trees that were blossoming and looking up at a clear blue sky! The children are just so happy when they are outside!
It was actually one of the best Sundays I have had with the children. I think I have been so focused on my keeping the Sabbath day Holy that I have seen the kids as a road block to that goal But I was blessed with a different perspective and the Saturday nite before I pleaded for help in teaching my kids to enjoy the Sabbath. We had our list a few months back, but that went to an abrupt end once I got pregnant. But now that I've got my energy back (well 80%) I'm ready to make Sunday more than just a day of rest. So, Brad and I spent the day helping the kids find appropriate activities and just hanging out as a family, making sure we filled our own cups too.
It was wonderful. I think I'm finally starting to realize how to incorporate my kids into the Sabbath day. (Now that Noah is 6!) And of course all of this progress will fall apart with the upcoming baby, but I am still grateful for it and we will get back on track eventually after the baby has been with us awhile. All in all, a wonderful, memorable, peaceful day!
2 comments:
I wouldn't get to excited just yet, snow will be here again in the next week or two...Utah weather!
Oh look, Amalie's hat is back.
So is that an Apricot tree, the one the primary song is about? None the less it looks beautiful in Utah. I so hope we can visit this summer!
Post a Comment