Amalie and Noah sat on the counter and Amalie burst out laughing as she looked at Noah.
"Look at Noah's face!" she exclaimed.
I cracked up, since her smoothie mustache was much bigger than his.
It reminded me of an incident that happened a few months ago. Noah had come home from school and as we walked home, I noticed there was white powder in his hair. I racked my brain wondering what craft they had done that would make such a mess. As I looked him over, I realized not only was the white powder in his hair, but it was all over his jacket and sleeves and down his pants in long stripes.
I asked what he had done for school that day, but no crafts out of the ordinary. Then he suddenly said in an excited voice "Guess what we had for snack today?"
And it suddenly became clear.
"Powdered Donuts," I said.
"How did you know?" he asked.
I giggled. "I just know."
"Mom," he went on, "It was so funny. All the kids had powder all over their faces and I was the only one who didn't," he said.
I burst out laughing at that as I looked at his powdery white hair and sugar covered clothes.
Hmmm, thought I. Maybe that's because you used yourself as a napkin!
Oh man, I love these kids. I feel so honored and priveleged to be entrusted with them. It is such a joy to watch them discover their world.
2 comments:
Kids are so fun to watch as they grow up and are amused by the little things in life. I can totally picture Noah with all that powdered sugar on him.
Hey I saw a Southwest Traders truck a couple of days ago and thought of you and your "sexy" voice!!! Remember?? Or was it "beautiful"?
Post a Comment