Monday, March 30, 2009

Brad's Family's Visit

On Wednesday, Brad's parents came up to visit. The children were so excited (despite their feverish brows). Ironically, they both came down with fevers the day before. I have to admit, I actually like fevers (as long as they are not too high) because they are the only sickness that can get my kids to lie down.
I was thrilled they were coming too- although I overdid it on the cleaning and all I could do was sit when they came. I absolutely love it when we have family come up to visit. I am so blessed that Brad's mom, Cathy takes her days off and gives them to me in service. The entire time she was here she took care of dinners, cleaning up, watching my children so I could sleep in or nap, and all of this in addition to helping me organize my kitchen. And Denton is so understanding and patient while we do all our stuff, and he just hangs out.

It was one of the best presents I have ever received. Since I am pregnant (16 weeks tomorrow) I have had so little energy and I am still sick most of the day, not as bad as it had been, but still I am quite uncomfortable. So, it was a tremendous blessing to walk into the kitchen and have it sparkling clean, knowing I had not lifted a finger or to smell a delicious dinner cooking after waking up from a nap!

Brad and the kids were also thrilled- we had some really fun times. Of course the children embarrassed me when the grandparents first got there asking "What'd you bring me Grandma?" And I had worked on having them NOT say it. Noah and I had practiced having him say "Grandma, you don't need to bring me presents, you're the best present ever!" but he lost all self control when he saw her and of course, being a Grandma, she had brought presents for everyone.
Noah looking handsome in his new green sweater.

Amalie loving her new ballet skirt.

We went to the Lehi waterpark, which is indoor, so it was nice and cozy inside, despite the frigid weather outside. (Where is my spring? I'm so ready!) It was quite crowded, but we all had a blast anyway. Noah just swam and swam and Amalie loved being in the water. She really thought she could just swim all over, but the ability is not there yet.

Brad brought his waterproof housing to take underwater pics. This was the only one that turned out.


On Saturday, Grandma was kind to paint with the children. I have to admit, I never suggest painting anymore, because the last time we tried was a disaster and I completely lost it. But the kids had a blast painting with Grandma and it held their attention for quite awhile.
Then we headed to Mc Donald's to let the kids play in the PlayLand. I was surprised that Amalie was so daring to climb right up and go in, but a little while later, she was crying loudly and Noah was leading her back down to me- what an awesome brother! Grandma was back with the fruit and yogurt and so Amalie sat on the awesome hamburger chair, and dug in. She decided to try and eat the hamburgers for some reason while I snapped this shot!

Later, Cathy took her daughter Lauren and I out for some girl time. Brad and Denton were so nice to watch the children while we went. We ended up being gone way longer than we expected. But it was nice to just be with the girls, even though we mostly ran errands. But we did squeeze in a shopping spree which was a blast!

On Sunday, Cathy had put a delicious roast in the oven and we all stuffed ourselves after church. It was a really nice visit and such a wonderful vacation for me!

6 comments:

the mom~ said...

Wow, she sounds like a dream! Send her my way!

Amy said...

16 weeks pregnant? Where have I been?! Congrats!!

The Ishiis said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time!

me said...

Are you sure your mother-in-laws name is Cathy and not Kathleen? Sure sounds alot like my extremely awesome mother-in-law.
Sounds like you had a goodtime and I'm sure the company kept you fron thinking to much about the physical changes your little body is going through.Don't feel bad about the kids meeting their grandparents at the door to ask what they brought them. Totally normal.

Jill Ison said...

Grandma bev let the cat out of the bag about your pregnancy when we saw her about a week ago. How exciting to have a new baby soon. :) Hope your feeling well. It's fun to read about Aunt Cathy having fun with your kids. We missed seeing her while we were there.

Danica said...

How did I miss that? Congrats on the bun in the oven!!!