Sunday, March 1, 2009

Museum of Art

We decided to take the kids to the Museum of Art to see the display of Walter Wick. He is the author of the "I Spy" and "Can you see what I see?" books, which if you have ever seen them, are absolutely fascinating to look at.

The display was much smaller than I'd anticipated and since a museum is hardly a place for young kids, it was a little disappointing. The three displays they did have were really cool, though. But the rest of the room was filled with blown up pictures from the books. Even though we had a photography pass, we weren't allowed to take pics in this particular room.

However, there was much more to entertain the kids. The student art projects filled the halls (literally) and the kids adored them. The theme must have been "Make art out of something that is not biodegradable."

Like this . . .

Packing peanuts that had big blower fans on them that went off at random intervals. We were lucky enough to be there when the fans came on. We looked at the posted times and there was no rhyme or reason for the time intervals, they weren't even in sequential order. But, I guess that's modern art for you.

And this . . .
Brad standing in front of the PVC pipe sculpture. There was a sink to the side with running water, but I couldn't figure out what it was for.

The kids loved these balloons. I have to admit they are colorful and fun.

The kids also loved these benches. Whenever they would see them, they liked to pretend they were sleeping on beds. It seemed to be a popular idea amongst all the kids we saw.

2 comments:

me said...

Did you notice in the family photw with the balloon art, Amalie's big smile? I believe she is looking at Noah. It's amazing how much the little ones look up to their siblings at such a young age. My Claire is obsessed with Camie.

Amy said...

Love the picture of your kids laying on the bench! Too cute!!