When Brad and I were first married, we took a Marriage and Family class together. One day our class was talking about traditions and one girl said that in her family, each of the children got to spend a day out with Dad on their half birthday. Brad and I both loved the idea and wrote it down so we would remember for someday when we had children. Neither of our families had ever celebrated half birthdays, and we loved the idea because it was a built in date to have a "Daddy- child" date each year.
I had intended to start that tradition as soon as Noah was old enough, but Brad was so great at having regular "Daddy time" with Noah that it didn't seem necessary. Then our Amalie came along. And this year she was finally old enough to start. So this was the first year we have started the tradition.
After Brad came home from work, Amalie was so excited to celebrate her half birthday with him! (Noah was extremely jealous, however, he is not used to being the one left behind!)
Brad took her to the library and let her pick out as many books as she wanted, along with two movies.

Then they stopped at fast food for some burritos. And last on to the store to pick out a treat to bring home to share. They picked out Spumoni ice cream which was delicious.

Amalie got to drive the car cart all by herself- a real luxury!

Amalie had a great time, and I was so thrilled that she got to go out with her Daddy.
2 comments:
I just want to hug Brad. Daddy-Daughter dates are so worth it! Good for him and the mom that supports it!
In our family we celebrate half birthdays as well...mostly b/c Ethan has a summer birthday and he doesnt get to celebrate it during the school year...it's a fun tradition for sure.
Post a Comment