Being far away from 90% of my family has made me even more grateful for them. So whenever I get the chance to see them, it is like a piece of heaven. My sister was up for a day, picking up her children that had been staying at their Grandma's house. We drove down to see my sister and her four awesome kids and celebrate my nieces 10th birthday. We were able to see old friends and family and it was such an enjoyable night. I love that the kids just adore each other and play and play and play. It's great so the adults can actually TALK and have fun together!
The birthday girl showing off some of her loot! I love this girl so much! She impresses me with her maturity and depth.
My sister holding Amalie. Lorelle has always had the biggest heart and it makes me feel so good that she adores my children!Noah disappeared into the basement after not eating the healthy part of his dinner and even being told that he would not get cake and ice cream.
I did not even see him the remainder of the night. Which I have to admit was nice, so I could enjoy all the adult conversation.
I was really surprised that he didn't resurface even when we were singing Happy Birthday, and digging into the cake. I figured he'd finally eat his vegetables then.
When it was time to leave, I went downstairs and when I saw what the kids were doing, it all made sense.
Yep, Noah found Super Mario World! I shoulda known . . . Now do you see why I have to limit him to once a week? If it was up to him, he would play endlessly.
1 comment:
You see Lorelle more than me and I live just 20 minutes from her. I wish you lived closer Kate!
Post a Comment