Dear Noah,
We had a sweet teaching moment with you today. Earlier in Sunday School, our class had talked about keeping the Sabbath Day holy. I realized that I have not been doing my job as a parent and teaching you that the Sabbath is not about all the things you can't do, but more about spiritually renewing yourself and worshipping God with all your heart. Lately, whenever you realize it is Sunday, you have gotten really upset and said "I'm not going to church" or "I hate Sunday!" I realize that I need to help you realize all the wonderful things we can do on Sunday.
So we determined that we would fill a whole lined sheet of paper with things we can do on Sunday that would help us keep the Sabbath Day holy. Here are some of the things you came up with:
-Tell Jesus Stories
-Make a movie about the scriptures and give it to someone anonymously. I said, "But don't you think they will know it's us when they see us on the movie?" Your response was "Oh."
-Call your family and tell them you love them
-Make Valentines treats to give away, maybe cupcakes
-Look at the clouds and see if one looks like Jesus.
-Visit someone who is blind and we can give them a book about the earth so they will know about it
-Tell a story in your journal
You were very excited to fill the page with great ideas. I love that you are so sweet and innocent and wonderful. I hope this helps us in the future and that you will look forward to Sundays.
Love,
your Mom
7 comments:
Awwwww....so sweet!
I give you the mom of the year award! What lucky children to have you as their mom. Thanks for your great example. Sundays are a VERY hard time for my little monsters! I will try this out!
I love that. Noah has the best ideas!
That is so great. I see that you are hard on yourself, but what a good mom you are. Such a patient and simple way to help him see the good in Sundays.
Make the movie idea Noah's quote for December. That gave me a great laugh. Brendon too.
Kate, you are a great example to other moms. Your Noah seems like a wonderful little boy who is very lucky to have you. I love the letter!
Sweet December quote. Can't wait till I can really understand Claire.
Post a Comment