Sunday, November 23, 2008

Can you take a picture of me?


It was midnight and I was finally trying to fall asleep. I have a horrible habit of staying up WAY too late, trying to get in more kid free hours. I could hear Amalie coughing occasionally. I felt a pang of sadness for my poor, sick girl. She continued to cough and started to cry, it was a dry, hoarse cough and it sounded like it hurt, so I got up and brought her into bed with me. My not so touchy feely daughter is only snuggly when sick or tired, so I had to take advantage of the situation. I snuggled her close, thinking she would quickly go back to sleep and then I would put her back in her crib, but Amalie had other ideas. She started talking non-stop. She was saying this and that and the next thing I know she says, "Can you take a picture of me?"

Huh?

Um, okay. So, Brad got out the camera and here it is. Can you see her rosy red cheeks- this is how she looks with a fever, poor thing.

4 comments:

the mom~ said...

Ever so sweet Kate, I love it!!!

papa and bubby said...

Amie and Mommy. Two beautiful girls.

me said...

You know I heard works great for coughs, Vicks Vapo Rub. Your suppose to rub it on the bottom of the feet though. Then put some socks on her feet. Haven't tried it myself but will the first cough that comes along.

Jill Ison said...

poor baby... she's cute even when shes sick.