Friday, September 19, 2008

Yes you can!

Amalie also has the desire to be independent lately. I used to lift her up and put her on the potty, but the last week or so, she wants to do it herself. One day, she kept saying "I can't do it!" and so I said "YES YOU CAN!" (That's from Bob the Builder) and she took courage and tried again. The next time she went, she said "I can't do it-YES YOU CAN!" all in the same breath and now it has become her mantra whenever she is trying to get on the potty. (She refuses to use a stepping stool) I think it's hilarious and adorable.

8 comments:

lynn said...

Does that remind anyone else of the family reunion in Kanab with Noah singing the Bob the Builder song at the top of his lungs?

Anonymous said...

Totally priceless!

Our cute kids said...

Your girl is hilarious! Your kids sure learn a lot from the learning shows.
One of my sweetest memories is at the family reunion on Vashon Island. You and Noah were in the big green barrel swing. I was pushing the two of you, when you both started singing the theme song to Little Einsteins. My heart melted, you were both singing in Unison and even though Noah was small he knew all the words. That was one of the sweetest Mother/son scene I have ever witnessed.

Birgitta said...

I love it! I think she is so cute when she talks!

me said...

Yes! We remember Kanab. Brendon and I totally remember that. It was too cute! I think the video is great. She says she can't so quietly than goes on to loudly declare that yes she can. I love her video clips.

Emily said...

Oh my goodness, she is so cute! :)

Oreste said...

Hello Kate, a salute from Rome. Ciao

me said...

Kate, she sits down in my lap and lets me do it, so far that is. I put them in about 7 to 10 times that day. By the 5th time she would look at me and while looking at me she would slowly start her hands up to her chin and then slowly upto her cheeks and on up to her eyes and up to her forehead. It was kinda funny/sad because she knew I didn't want her to take the "pretties" out but the temptation was sooo strong. By the way, I haven't put them in sense. So the training hasn't quite started.