Whoa, mama! was what I thought when I saw this pic of me. I don't think I look quite that big when I look in the mirror, so maybe it's a little bit of the unflattering horizontal stripes that are no friend to a big belly.
If you asked me a few days ago how I was feeling, I probably would have answered that I feel pretty good as long as I drink enough and eat small, healthy meals. Yesterday was tough. I was exhausted most of the day and laid around and slept a lot. I kept picturing in my head when I've seen a pregnant animal towards the end of their gestation period, and how they kind of lie around and switch positions every once in awhile, awkwardly. That's kind of how I've been feeling the past couple days. I can't make it to dinner time without a nap, breathing is getting increasingly harder and while I have been trying to practice "slow breathing" for my eventual labor, I would not have wished on myself a 3 hour stretch in the middle of the night of Braxton Hicks contractions where I got plenty of practice!
So, yes, I'm feeling pretty ready for baby to come, although he needs to stay in for at least 2 more weeks to be considered full term and then he is free to come!
We are getting more and more ready for him, with gear and stuff, and Brad has been an absolute machine in getting things done around the house. It's nice.
The kids are dying for him to come so they can meet him and hold him and love on him. We all are.
My beautiful 2 month old niece was over on Sunday and we all couldn't keep our hands off her. It made me happy to think that this was what life would be like in our house in a few more weeks! I feel such joy, knowing this baby is so wanted by everyone in our family, knowing he is coming to a home where husband and wife love each other and are committed to each other, and where he will get lots of love and affection. I feel so blessed that we are in a situation like this.
So, my prediction: I predict baby will come 10 days early. My body is having much more "practice labor" than any previous pregnancy, and this little guy seems eager to get here, he loves interacting with the children and Brad and I when we talk to him, he gets all excited and starts moving around. So, that would be around Feb 7th. My parents are supposed to be here around Feb 5th, so that would be excellent timing if that actually did happen.
Mark my words and we will see . . .

2 comments:
I think with each of my kids' births "I can breathe now!" is what I appreciated most. Hang in there, and enjoy the naps while you can :)
Yes, that's true! Nap time uninterrupted by a babies' cries. I forgot about that!
Post a Comment