Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pajama Man

 For about the past year, Gabe has been obsessed with pajamas.  He's so lucky he's not my first child, because if he was, I'm sure I would have turned it into a daily battle to try and get him to wear regular clothes.  But since he is my third and I have overcome some of my people pleasing tendencies, I realize the biggest reason I didn't want him to wear pajamas was because of what other people would think.  And seriously, that's simply not a good reason to battle with my child.  He loves his pajamas, and he does look really cute in them, so as he says, "I only wear pajamas."
And yes, he does. The other day I was going through his drawers and putting away some clothes that no longer fit him.  I held up a shirt and said, "You looked so cute when you wore this shirt."
"Mom," he said, "I only wear regular clothes on holidays."
I couldn't help laughing.  This guy is so much fun.
 I love that I get to stay home with him.  I love that I don't have him in preschool right now and that he is my little buddy.  He is very low maintenance and will let me rest if I need to and plays so well by himself.  He is just a joy.  And man, that personality!  What fun he is.  I wonder how the dynamic will change when baby comes.  I wonder if he will become more maintenance since he will probably feel that I am holding or taking care of the baby all the time.
We will see, but right now I am savoring this boy and loving the moments we have together, just the two of us. 
Another thing I love to watch is when he plays with Amalie.  As soon as she comes home from school, he says, "Amalie, can we pway?"
Oh, it's so cute.  And she's so patient with him.  She will get a snack and then play with him, and he is happy to follow her around, she being the boss and he following along.  They will play restaurant or take care of his "babies" (his stuffed animals).  It's just so cute.  Grateful my life has slowed down so I can observe and just enjoy this sweet time of life.

4 comments:

the mom~ said...

My Abram wore pj's only for about a year, then for the next year he only wore swim trunks, a rash gaurd and googles, like a necklace. Dude...he was dressed, that's I cared about! :)

Kate said...

You rock, Salena! Such a good attitude! That is hilarious that he only wore his swim gear. Thanks for sharing!

papa and bubby said...

papa says, Kate does such a fabulous job with her blogging that it makes me emotional and even cry and laugh. The Brad & Kate Strongin family are so fine that I'm without words. (can you believe that ????)

Kate said...

So glad you enjoy it!