Last week was really rough. But thankfully, I have made some changes and am feeling so much better than I've felt in a long time. I love that this time around I am going to a midwife- although I appreciated the doctors I had in the past, this just feels so perfect for me with this pregnancy. Starting out this pregnancy I was the healthiest I've ever been with a pregnancy, I was exercising 6 days a week and eating a healthy diet.
So in some ways this pregnancy has gone better than my others, but I've also felt some different symptoms that I don't remember experiencing before. Well, I love that my midwife takes the time to explain things, such as when she wanted me to drink more water. She explained that the baby's amniotic fluid is replaced every three hours and that my body would pull any fluids from my body it needed, making me realize that I would pay the consequences if I didn't drink enough. So, I've been drinking more, and I finally realized why I felt so funny every morning, it was because I would wake up so dehydrated. So I have been drinking 2 cups of water first thing in the morning and after an hour or so, I feel so much better. And then of course, sipping on water throughout the day.
I've been eating smaller meals and eating more greens, and even taking some chlorophyll pills, which I swear are giving me more energy. I usually am not a big fan of supplements, wanting to get what I need in my diet, but with my stomach being so constricted, I felt I needed to up my stores. I feel more energetic than I've felt in months. I still have to get a lot of sleep and take a nap every day, but I've been able to do so much more than I usually can. It feels incredible. I also can breathe a lot better, which is such a blessing!
My body is definitely preparing for labor, as my uterus contracts throughout the day and I've even had some very "real" feeling contractions. So, I'm very happy that my body is preparing.
We are going to set up the crib soon and I just have a few more things to go and get. It's exciting that he will probably be here within the next four weeks. Everyone in the family is having a hard time waiting, but I know it will be here before we know it. Crazy and wonderful all at once.
1 comment:
How exciting!!! Looking forwarding to meeting your little guy soon via your blog :)
Post a Comment