Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Amalie's Blessing

Last night, Amalie gave the sweetest lesson in Family Home Evening on blessings.  Here is the story she told:
"Once I was trying to find my recorder (flute like instrument). and I had well not had to, but wanted to practice a song on the recorder.  I had so much to do but it wasan't importint.  and Gabe kept asking me to play and I kept saying no.  But the last time I said no I heard a little (sniff) :( like some one was going to cry.  I knew it was gabe and I finnalee relized I was hurting gabe's feelings.  then I played with him.  and when I did that I knew I got a blessing.

After she read that story she had written down, she told us some funny things about how she used to think Jesus gave us blessings- she used to think that he wrote them down on paper with invisible ink, put them in baskets with our names on them and sent angels down to give them to us.

Then she asked each of us to share a time when we have received blessings from helping others.

It was so sweet and my heart just soars in moments like these, when they get it.  When they realize what a blessing it is to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives.

Love this girl soooo much!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

So precious. Love it.