My life feels very full right now. As I contemplate the last five or six weeks, I am overwhelmed by the blessings we have had. We had been preparing our house to sell since July, looking seriously for a home to buy since August and finally got an offer that we put on a house accepted mid October. It was an interesting process for a personality like mine, one that wants to know the end from the beginning and wants every detail ironed out beforehand. It was a wonderful lesson in patience and learning to trust in the Lord.
There were days when I would have a reassurance that all would be fine and I would have to cling to that for weeks, as all did not seem it would be fine. It was a good experience to go through and a blessing for a personality like mine. It's interesting how the Lord always proves Himself, He always comes through when He says He will and not only that, but His way is always so much better than mine!
I can't even begin to express how beautifully things went. We had a deadline with the house we were buying- we had to sell our home within a week or two in order to have our down payment for the new home by the settlement deadline. It looked impossible, but as we put our trust in the Lord and worked our hearts out; it all worked out so perfectly beautiful! Because of preparing most of the summer and having put a bunch of things in storage, the packing up part wasn't overwhelming. Because of how sick I had been in the summer during my first trimester of pregnancy, I had completely cleared my life of everything but the essentials. That was a tremendous help, all I had to do each day was take care of Gabe and pack up. I had two neighbors who gladly brought me boxes. We found some smaller boxes in the back of a store, which one of the same neighbors told me about. Even Noah's friends brought me boxes.
Friends came to help me deep clean. A huge blessing as I am pregnant and am less physically able than I normally am.
Then my mother in law offered to fly up and help me. I have no idea how I would have done it without her! She was amazing! Doing cleaning projects for me and even involving my kids- they were following her around, begging to help. Taking the kids so I could rest and watching them overnight while we got the keys to the new house and then the next day, moved. It was such a blessing to have her there as my right hand woman, so I could rest when my body needed to. Even though my body has never threatened to deliver early, my uterus gets extremely tight when I overdo it and I seem to have to make a conscious effort to breathe, so I am very cautious to take care of myself and make sure I don't put myself in a bad situation.
We had so many men show up to help us load up and move. Then when Brad pulled up the truck to our new home, once again, our friends and family and new neighbors all pitched in to get the truck unloaded in record time. It was amazing!
My two good friends came to my rescue to help me clean the old house and have it ready for the new owner to move in. They accomplished what would have taken me a good four to five hours in less than two! Man, I felt so loved!
And then my mother in law, after watching the kids all morning, cleaned my new kitchen for me so I could start unloading and organizing.
Dinner was brought by our new neighbor the first night, by my amazing sister in law the second night, and the fourth night, my dear friend watched my kids for hours while I shopped for a fridge and bunkbeds and then fed me the most delicious and healthy dinner.
We were welcomed with open arms into our new ward and neighborhood.
The kids seem to be adjusting well to the new school and neighborhood. . .we are settling in just fine into our home, especially with the generous gifts given by family.
I am overwhelmed. I feel so blessed. It's wow. I just don't even know what to say, except that I feel so very, very loved. It's amazing how support and help from friends and family feels very close to being in the presence of angels. Angels who bring the presence of Christ like love. I can't help but feel that my Father in Heaven is very mindful of me, is watching over me and sending others to help me, to remind me how much He loves me.
Wow.
2 comments:
Kate, remember the Forget-me-not talk by Pres Uchtdorf where he said "God is also fully aware that the people you think are perfect are not." ? Well, I've always thought that you are one of those 'perfect-yet-somehow-not' people. I'm glad the Lord is blessing you for all the good you do. Loves!
Alyssa, you make me laugh! It's true that other people's lives can look so different from the outside looking in. I appreciate your kind words and your wonderful example of Christlike service! I'm not sure I know anyone who enjoys service as much as you do- you seem to have made a hobby out of it! Love you too!
Post a Comment