Sunday, November 3, 2013
Halloween Carnival & Trick or Treating
Our ward puts on a really cute Halloween Carnival sponsored by the youth each year. With it being the night before Halloween, it was a good practice run for Halloween night. At the last minute, Amalie wanted to be a baker and since we couldn't find the play chef hat, we looked up a way to make our own chef hat at the last minute. That made the rush to get the carnival on time waaaay crazy. I definitely got annoyed and stressed and by the time we got to the carnival, 40 minutes after it started, I was trying to calm myself! The kids were very sweet and forgiving when I apologized later for getting so mad. It made me so happy that they were so humble. They tried to cheer me up by saying, "Mom, but doesn't it make you feel good that we all need you?"
Thankfully, I calmed down and we ended up having a good time. Amalie was perfectly dressed for cookie decorating and spent a good 15 minutes decorating the perfect cookie. The games were cute and the kids were so excited that they won some goldfish (unfortunately they both died within the next 2 days). When Noah came home to a dead fish, he was really bummed, but Amalie was so sweet and told him that they could share her fish. Then when her fish died the following day, the tears came. She wanted to sit and talk about what a happy fish he was and how he seemed so friendly. I thought it was sweet how she immediately loved this creature and felt such sorrow at its passing.
Halloween night went much smoother since the kids had worn their costumes to school and were basically ready. I just had to make sure they ate and get myself ready! I asked Amalie if it was okay if I went as a baker as well, since my skirt had come undone the night before and I didn't want to have wardrobe malfunctions (I did have leggings underneath, but still . . .) So, I quickly made a chefs hat and when Brad got home, he quickly ate and we left for trick or treating. I love trick or treating with the kids so much! I always feel a little bad that we leave our house for an hour with no one to man it and hand out candy, but Brad and I love being with the kids, it's so fun! So, we went out for about an hour and then Gabe and I were done, so we headed back home to hand out candy.
Gabe was so cute- he got so excited everytime the doorbell rang and he wanted to hand the candy out. It makes me so happy that he wants to be the one to give out the candy! When I see my kids sharing, it just makes me so very happy.
Brad and the kids came home a while later and Noah and Amalie were so thrilled their stashes were so big! I'm glad it was a fun night for all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Great chef hats! Nicely done.
Post a Comment