
A few months back, I was on the lds.org Church website and I saw that they needed people who would fit well in a New Testament project. For some reason, I kept thinking about Brad, since he has Jewish roots and has "the look" and so I filled out an application and sent his picture in. Well, ever since then, I have been getting emails for talent projects the Church is working on. Noah was lucky to be able to participate in a family history project for Youtube. And then I got an email looking for talented readers for a radio program.
Noah auditioned over the phone for Scripture Stories for kids. We were so thrilled to find out that Noah had been chosen to participate. He is an excellent reader and has so much feeling and great intonation.
What a neat opportunity! Brad and I have been trying to help Noah for some time now, to broaden and enlarge his comfort zone and I am so pleased with the progress he has made. He has one of those personalities where he is nervous about new things and doesn't want to do them, but if we push/encourage him to do it, he ALWAYS has a fabulous time. He's just one of those kids who really needs a little shove, whereas others (like Amalie) dig their feet in the ground.
It was a really neat experience. We got to go to the Motion Picture Studio and Noah recorded in a real recording studio. I was in the green room, watching him on a monitor, waiting with my other kiddos and their friends. One of the days, I went down and sat in the recording booth and the recording just blew me away. All the kids are just so talented and they really played off each other and lifted each other up. It was so cool. The episodes will be airing in the fall and I will post a link when I get it.
Noah with the Scripture Kids

I just love that he is trying new things, putting himself out there and really just reaching for his potential. And it didn't hurt a bit that he got paid. Lucky! It was a good lesson in finances as well, as he had to sort out his money, pay back debts, pay tithing, set aside for a rainy day, and we even had him pay for the gas when we drove up to Salt Lake for Orientation. I think that was a real blessing for him since he is particularly vulnerable to a feeling of entitlement when he is given too much. Having him pay for things keeps him much more grounded and we feel he is much more appreciative for our efforts.

On the fourth and last day of recording, Brad met up with us and we were priveleged to get a studio tour. We also got to check out the locations, like Haun's Mill and these buildings built to look like they are out of the 1800's.
No comments:
Post a Comment