Friday, July 1, 2011

Another conversation that made me smile

This morning, I was in the bathroom, getting ready to take a shower. I leaned past Amalie to turn on the water.

"That's okay, Mom. Sometimes I get stinky too," Amalie said. A sympathetic and knowing grin danced on her face.

"Do I smell?" I asked.

"Yes," she said.

"What do I smell like?" I asked, truly wondering, since obviously I wasn't feeling fresh, but I don't usually reek.

"Bad breath," she answered.

Ohhh.

Oh man, I always get a smile on my face when she says her Amalie things. She is just too funny! So different from Noah who seems oblivious to bad breath and things.

2 comments:

the mom~ said...

She's a GIRL, that's why she notices :)

papa and bubby said...

When Amalie stays with us in the hotel, she loves to take a bubble bath where I dump multiple bottles of the hotel shower gels in the water to create, as I tell her, a luxurious bath. Noah has no interest in bathing and Amalie tells me he never does. Those stinky boys!