Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Food Storage Analyzer Tool

Some of you know that I have struggled with building my Food Storage in the past. For years, we had such a small apartment, so I gave myself the liberty of not even trying. But, I have finally come around and decided to ask the Lord to help me do what seemed impossible. I have to admit, it really helped that the Church came out and said to build up a 3-month food supply, that is so much easier to attain. It doesn't feel so overwhelming.

So, I started building it up little by little, but I really didn't know how much I had. To me, it looked pretty big, compared to what I'd had in the past, and then I saw an article for a Food Storage Analyzer tool, that lets you know how many days worth of food storage you have for your family. I liked it because it let me put in the age and gender of each person in my family and it calculated how many calories we would need to have each day. I was also able to enter in custom items as well as easily access dozens of already input items. It took a lot less time than I thought. It even lets you know what vitamins and minerals you may be lacking in your food supply, which being a Nutritional Science major in college, that just tickled me. So cool.

The only downside to my experience was that I found out I only had one month of food storage, instead of two, like I'd thought. But, it was good to know!

But the best part? It's totally free.



Gift Card Giveaway

2 comments:

Jena said...

This is awesome!! Thanks so much for posting!

me said...

I totally understand! I believe we have a year but I need to use this tool and see.