
Recently I realized I had not been giving the children the benefit and privelege of helping around the house. Sure, they do some things, but there are a lot of things I feel are too frustrating to teach and so I just do it myself. I had previously recognized that Amalie and Noah behaved better the more responsibilities I gave them and so I knew I needed to teach them how to help even more. Amalie loves helping with dishes, which is great, but of course, it is messy and takes a long time. But recently, when I taught her again, she really did great. When Gabe saw her up there, he just had to get in on it. She was enjoying herself so much, she didn't mind washing for about a half hour. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. I get a kick out of seeing them both at the sink, washing dishes. I love it!
1 comment:
Determined: My kids are sooo having consistent chores this summer. It always amazes me what your kids are able to do-- and that you are patient enough to let them do it!
Post a Comment